PLEASE NOTE: This is a 3-day training course. It runs from 10am – 4pm on Monday 15th, Tuesday 23rd & Wednesday 24th April 2019.
This innovative and interactive 3-day course will help you to develop the skills necessary to launch and co-facilitate a Voice Collective peer support group for young people under the age of 19 within your organisation.
It combines personal and professional experience to cover the following areas:
- Understanding ‘hearing voices’ and other related experiences
- Making sense of different models of understanding these experiences
- Developing a toolbox of coping strategies to support young people in their recovery
- Setting up, launching and sustaining a Voice Collective peer support group
- Practical skills for group facilitation
- Managing challenging situations in groups
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at those already familiar with the Voice Collective ethos and approach to voice-hearing, and who intend to use their learning to launch and facilitate Voice Collective peer support groups within their organisations. This could include: psychologists, youth workers, support workers, nurses, therapists, OTs, social workers, mentors & more.
Young people (aged 16+) with lived experience of voices/visions, and who wish to train to co-facilitate groups, are particularly encouraged. We welcome joint applications between workers and young people.
- This course is open to people who support and/or work with children and young people (in a variety of settings, including the home). If you do not currently support or work with children and young people, we may not be able to accept your booking.
- We cannot accept group bookings – each attendee must register themselves and provide their contact details in case of emergencies.
- As our courses are often oversubscribed, please book your place only if you are confident you are able to attend for the full three days.
- If you are unable to make the course, please cancel your place as early as possible to avoid spaces going to waste, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.