Those of us who support children and young people who hear distressing or difficult voices are constantly developing, finding new ways to approach voice-hearing with young people and support them towards their self-defined recovery.
Each young person and family is unique – one size does not fit all.
About This Workshop:
This workshop builds upon the principles explored in our ‘Supporting Children & Young People who Hear Voices’ training, and our ‘Voice Collective Group Facilitation Training’.
Using examples drawn from attendee’s prior experience of working with young voice-hearers, the workshop explores the following topics:
- Developing trust and therapeutic relationships with young people who may not trust easily
- Understanding ‘taboo voices’ (voices that talk about things the young person – and society – find very difficult, including violence & sexuality)
- Finding safe ways of talking about voices and visions with young people in distress
- Working with different, and often conflicting, perspectives on a young person’s experiences
- Working with alternative belief systems (e.g. cultural or spiritual perspectives)
- Using creativity to support conversations
- Applying this learning within the workplace
We keep class sizes small to maximise the opportunity for discussion & reflection.
We require applicants to have attended either our ‘Supporting Children and Young People who Hear Voices’ training course, or our ‘Voice Collective Group Facilitation’ training course.
This is a FREE training course for anyone working with children or young people who hear voices, see visions, or have other sensory experiences.
- This course is open to those who have attended a previous 1-day our 3-day training with us (listed above).
- This course is open to people who support and/or work with children and young people (in a variety of settings, including the home). If you do not currently support or work with children and young people, we may not be able to accept your booking.
- We cannot accept group bookings – each attendee must register themselves and provide their contact details in case of emergencies.
- As our courses are often oversubscribed, please book your place only if you are confident you are able to attend for the full day.
- If you are unable to make the course, please cancel your place as early as possible to avoid spaces going to waste, by emailing email@example.com.