We are excited to be re-launching our peer support group for 16 – 25 year olds who hear voices, have visions or other unusual sensory experience. The group is free and open to any young person within this age group, no matter where they live.
Whilst the group launches on the 23 March, we are running an open event the week before (on 16 March) to give people a chance to find out more about the approach and meet the facilitators.
When: Wednesday 16 March, 5.15 – 6.30pm
Where: Mind in Camden, Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Road, NW1 9LQ
Download: 16-25 Group Open Event Flyer
Did you know …?
- Around 1 in 5 young people hear voices at some point in their lives.
- Lady GaGa, Carlos Santana, Gandhi, St Joan of Arc, Johnny Vegas and John Frusciante (ex Red Hot Chili Peppers) have all talked about hearing voices.
- In some cultures, hearing voices is seen as a special gift.
- But, sometimes (especially if the voices are critical, overpowering or confusing) they can cause problems.
- No matter how scary the voices or visions are, people can – and do – recover.
Come along and …
- Find out about the Phoenix 16-25 Voices & Visions Group at Mind in Camden (free and open to all young people aged 16-25 no matter where they live, re-launching on 23 March)
- Meet other young adults who hear voices or see visions
- Find out about how people can learn to cope with difficult voices or visions
- Hear real stories of recovery and resilience
- Challenge the stigma around voice-hearing
Book your place
If you would like to book a place at the Open Event, or find out more about the Phoenix 16-25 Young People’s Hearing Voices Group (which will run weekly after the launch), contact: email@example.com or 020 7241 8973.